BUSINESS RULE CONCEPTS:
Getting to the Point of Knowledge (4th Edition)
By Ronald G. Ross
Preview this exciting new book today, with your exclusive FREE PREVIEW CHAPTERS.
Chapter 1: What You Need to Know About Concept Models
Chapter 2: What You Need to Know About Business Rules
Easy-to-understand explanation of business vocabulary, business rules and business processes … and how they relate!
Find out how to …
- Analyze and manage each of the two major kinds of business rules.
- Analyze and define business concepts, model business vocabulary, and create a concept model.
- Make business processes smart and agile.
Introducing ConceptSpeak™ … the breakthrough approach for developing concept models and developing business vocabularies.
Also featured …
- Business rules in business architecture
- Re-engineering governance using General Rulebook Systems (GRBS)
- Real-world use of SBVR
Requirements, Smart Architecture, Compliance, Business Vocabulary
This concise, easy-to-read handbook presents a groundbreaking, common-sense approach to solving today’s operational business problems. Find out why current IT methods have broken down and no longer scale.
Here are proven answers. Get your company on the road to true business agility!
The classic work on business rules by the world’s leading authority … now updated with the very latest.
Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Business Rule Manifesto … now in over 15 languages, read by well over 100,000 people worldwide.
Here’s What Readers and Industry Gurus Are Saying
Find out what readers and industry gurus have been saying about Business Rule Concepts.
ContentsPreface — The Business Rules Paradigm
- The Body Analogy
- The Organization of Business Operations
- About this Book
Part 1 — The Key IdeasChapter 1 — What You Need to Know About Structured Business Vocabularies
- About Noun Concepts and Terms that Represent Them
- About Connections Between Noun Concepts and Wordings that Represent Them
- Using Graphical Concept Models
- Closing the Communications Gap
- The Basics of Business Rules
- Violation of Business Rules
- Decision Management and Decision Tables
- Business Activity vs Specialized Know-How
- General Rulebook Systems (GRBS)
- Smart Governance
- Revitalizing the Governance Process
Part 2 — Business Vocabularies and Concept ModelsChapter 4 — Concept Models and Verbalization
- What It Means to be Verb-ish
- Issues That Can Only Be Handled Well Using Verbs
- More Ways in Which Concept Models are Verb-ish
- Forming Definitions
- Capturing Verb Concepts and Roles
- Categories and Categorizations
- Compositions — Whole-Part (Partitive) Structures
Part 3 — Business RulesChapter 7 — Business Rules
- What is a Business Rule?
- Behavioral Rules
- Definitional Rules
- More Things You Should Know
- Multiple Events for Each Business Rule
- CRUD Events
- Drilling Down
- Quality Assessment
- Decision Tables
Part 4 — ArchitectureChapter 10 — Smart Architectures and the Point of Knowledge
- The Point of Knowledge
- Point-of-Knowledge Architecture
- How Business Rules Relate to Business Processes
- Best Practices
- Computational Models for Really Smart Systems
- Behavioral Rules in Really Smart Systems
Business Rules Manifesto — The Principles of Rule Independence
About the Author — Ronald G Ross
About Business Rule Solutions, LLC
Now available in Japanese
“shows how business rules can enable IT systems to evolve in a highly agile manner.”