Decision Analysis and Decision Tables: All About Modeling Decisions
Now you can learn state-of-the-art techniques from the world-leaders in the comfort of your own work desk!
Working on developing requirements? Wrestling with complex business process models? Harvesting business rules to implement in a rules engine?
Many professionals are finding there are big gaps in their current approaches:
- Their requirements methodology fails to capture and specify decision logic.
- Their business process models mangle the logic for making decisions.
- Their decision management platforms support implementation but don’t connect to the business.
This training provides proven, pragmatic solutions. It provides 8 easy steps so you can think clearly before you implement.
Decisions are choices made in day-to-day business operations. Such decisions are highly repetitive – they might take place hundreds or thousands of times per day, per hour, or even per minute. They are predictable and well-structured in terms of the outcomes they produce. They represent the smarts – the intellect – of your business processes.
New, highly pragmatic techniques have emerged in just the past several years for top-down decision analysis. The results are initially organized into business-friendly decision structures represented by Q-Charts™, then organized into robust decision tables that are readily implementable in common platforms.
Whether your background is in business analysis, business processes or business rules, decision analysis is the new must-know area of professional practice. This training brings you the best of highly successful, leading-edge client work in the field coupled with the deepest experience and leadership in the industry on business rules. We also show you how easy it can be to implement the results by looking at how a real-life case study was implemented; highlighting 3 business rule and decision management platforms.
- Why decision analysis
- What decisions and decision logic are about
- The elements of decisions
- Using DecisionSpeak™ to ask the right questions
- Diagramming decision structures (Q-Charts™)
- Question, considerations, outcomes, and exceptions (Q-COEs)
- What kinds of business rules are suited for decision analysis – and which are not
- How to establish and refine scope for decision analysis
- Identifying exceptions
- Delineating subdecisions
- Kinds of decision dependencies
- Hybrid dependency diagrams
- Critical success factors for conducting decision analysis
- How to keep decision tables as simple as possible
- How to maintain business alignment
- How to set-up decision tables using TableSpeak™
- When to use which format when
- Completeness, anomalies and certainty of outcome
- Vocabulary, integrity (correctness) and validity
- Best practices
- 7 steps from initiation to testing
- Roles and responsibilities for each step
- What to watch out for in interpreting from sources
- Sample deliverables
- How to develop scenarios for testing
- Complete case studies
- Implementation: highlighting 3 business rule and decision management platforms
Benefits for You and Your Company
Easy: A phone line and computer with access to the Internet is all you need. Just dial in, enter your access code, and click to the website. Follow along with hand-outs provided in advance.
Convenient: No airlines. No travel. No time out of the office. Now you can learn state-of-the-art techniques from the world leaders in the comfort of your own work space.
Affordable: Your costs are a fraction of the normal travel and registration fees for public or on-site seminars. Do the math!
Unlimited Participation: Put a speakerphone on your end so as many people as you want can listen in – there’s no extra cost. Use a projector for the video portion too if you like.
Team Training: Use these sessions as a cost-effective, time-efficient means to train supervisors, managers and staff on key points in a manner they will remember and act on.
Effective: Our sessions give you pragmatic techniques you can start to use as soon as you’re off the phone.
High-Impact: Fast paced and highly focused. No wasted time – perfect to fit your busy schedule.
Self-Directed: Attend an entire series or any single session – or some combination – it’s your choice.
Contact Gladys Lam email@example.com to discuss your requirements.