Announcing New Online Interactive Training: Decision Analysis & Decision Tables: All About Modeling Decisions
Location: Online Interactive Training
Why Attend …
Working on developing requirements? Wrestling with complex business process models? Harvesting business rules to implement in a rules engine?
Many professionals are finding there are big gaps in their current approaches:
This training provides proven, pragmatic solutions. It provides 8 easy steps so you can think clearly before you implement.
More info: http://www.attainingedge.com/online-training-decision-analysis-and-decision-tables.php
Register for full series!
- Their requirements methodology fails to capture and specify decision logic.
- Their business process models mangle the logic for making decisions.
- Their decision management platforms support implementation but don’t connect to the business.
Session 1. Business-Friendly Decision Analysis
Next Session: November 20, 2013 @ 10:30am – 12:00noon (ET)
Register Session 1
- Why decision analysis
- What decisions and decision logic are about
- The elements of decisions
- Using DecisionSpeak™ to ask the right questions
- Diagramming decision structures (Q-Charts™)
- Question, considerations, outcomes, and exceptions (Q-COEs)
- What kinds of business rules are suited for decision analysis – and which are not
Session 2. Analyzing Decisions and Developing Decision Structures
Next Session: November 20, 2013 @ 3:30pm – 5:00pm (ET)
- How to establish and refine scope for decision analysis
- Identifying exceptions
- Delineating subdecisions
- Kinds of decision dependencies
- Hybrid dependency diagrams
- Critical success factors for conducting decision analysis
Session 3. Designing Decision Tables
Next Session: November 21, 2013 @ 10:30am – 12:00noon (ET)
- How to keep decision tables as simple as possible
- How to maintain business alignment
- How to set-up decision tables using TableSpeak™
- When to use which format when
- Completeness, anomalies and certainty of outcome
- Vocabulary, integrity (correctness) and validity
- Best practices
Session 4.Beginning-to-End Decision Analysis
Next Session: November 21, 2013 @ 3:30pm – 5:00pm (ET)
- 7 steps from initiation to testing
- Roles and responsibilities for each step
- What to watch out for in interpreting from sources
- Sample deliverables
- How to develop scenarios for testing
- Complete case studies
- Implementation: highlighting 3 business rule and decision management platforms
Ronald G. Ross
Ron Ross, Principal and Co-Founder of Business Rules Solutions, LLC, is internationally acknowledged as the “father of business rules.” Recognizing early on the importance of independently managed business rules for business operations and architecture, he has pioneered innovative techniques and standards since the mid-1980s. He wrote the industry’s first book on business rules in 1994.