IIBA® Australia: Business Rules for Requirements and Processes
Location: Sydney, Australia
With thanks to Leonardo Consulting for sponsoring the venue and refreshments, the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) Australia Chapter presents “Business Rules for Requirements and Processes: Why Business Analysts Should Care – A Lot!” by Ronald G. Ross.
Business Rules for Requirements and Processes: Why Business Analysts Should Care – A Lot!
This session examines best practices for business rules, and the pragmatic techniques needed for success. Drawing heavily from real-life experience, it provides clear insight into where business rules fit into your requirements methodology. It also explains how business rules can enable order-of-magnitude improvement in business agility.
Critical areas of practical importance are explained, including where and how business rules fit with process modeling, IT requirements development, business vocabulary, business solution strategy, and more.
Special emphasis is placed on how to improve communication among business people, business analysts and IT staff, and how to express business rules clearly and consistently. Rule management is also explained. Find out how you and your organisation can become far more successful in creating agile business processes.
- What business rules are really about
- Business rule techniques for business analysts
- Business rules and business process models
- Business rules and requirements
- Business rule life cycle vs. software development life cycle
- Rule management in action
To reserve your place, book now. Get in quick, our last two Sydney events reached maximum registrations in less than 2 days!
* Register: Click here to register
* Registrations close: 18 July 2011 or when maximum registrations are reached.
More info: http://australia.theiiba.org/index.php/events
- Date: Wednesday, 20th July 2011
- Time: Networking from 6pm. Presentation 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Refreshments: Light refreshments
- Venue: SMC Conference & Function Centre, Northcott Room
- Address: Level 5, 66 Goulburn St., Sydney NSW 2000. For map click here
Ronald G. Ross
Ron Ross, Principal and Co-Founder of Business Rules Solutions, LLC, is internationally acknowledged as the “father of business rules.” Recognizing early on the importance of independently managed business rules for business operations and architecture, he has pioneered innovative techniques and standards since the mid-1980s. He wrote the industry’s first book on business rules in 1994.