IRM-UK: (2-Day Seminar) Business Rules and Decision Analysis Masterclass
Location: London, England
Do your processes always produce correct and consistent results? If not the problem probably lies with your business rules and decision logic. Business Analysts need the right techniques to fix these problems – process models, use cases, data models and other requirement techniques just don’t do the job.
Business Rules are criteria used to judge the correctness of business behavior and to make operational business decisions. Many Business Analysts have not been exposed to the well-formed, in-depth body of best practices and standards developed over the past decade for this area. These techniques have proven invaluable in developing better business requirements. This seminar explains how business rules can be expressed, analyzed, validated, and managed as easily and as quickly as possible.
Decisions are choices made in day-to-day business operations. Such decisions are highly repetitive – they might be taking place hundreds or thousands of times per day, per hour, or even per minute. They are predictable and well-structured in terms of the outcomes they produce. New, highly pragmatic techniques have emerged in just the past several years for top-down decision analysis. The results are ultimately organized into decision tables, a set of technique all Business Analysts should know.
This hands-on workshop gives you essential tools that can help you achieve order-of-magnitude improvements in business capabilities. The result is simpler, smarter process models and a huge boost in business agility. Learn applied techniques from the recognized world leader in the field.
* Conduct smarter, more effective business analysis
* Identify and analyze decisions in business processes
* Use the most effective techniques to harvest business rules
* Write clear, business-friendly rule statements
* Create robust decision tables
* Validate business rules and decision logic with business people
* Identify anomalies and correct them early
* Perform concept analysis
* Develop a structured business vocabulary (fact model)
* Develop pragmatic visualizations
* Establish comprehensive traceability for your business rules
* Develop a pragmatic rule management approach
More information: http://www.irmuk.co.uk/events/75.cfm
Ronald G. Ross
Ron Ross, Principal and Co-Founder of Business Rules Solutions, LLC, is internationally acknowledged as the “father of business rules.” Recognizing early on the importance of independently managed business rules for business operations and architecture, he has pioneered innovative techniques and standards since the mid-1980s. He wrote the industry’s first book on business rules in 1994.